Nigella sativa is an herbal plant that related to the herb. Herbaceous plants Nigella Sativa is efficacious as traditional medicine, Nigella sativa can also be called Habatussauda. This plant is no stranger in the community, superbly even on the most popular in the world.
Nigella sativa originated than Mediterranean (around the Mediterranean), before it spread to various parts of the world, including to Asia. Small filamentous shape, the measurement is not more than 3 mm. Black cumin is included in the buttercup family (Ranunculaceae).
There are two types of this plant, which is a bluish purple and white. The Arabs are have known Nigella sativa more than 2,000 years ago. They use this plant to cope with various health problems, such as toothache, flu, joints sore.
advantage of Nigella Sativa:
According to Dr. Kopok Stanley, University of Arizona, USA. “Nigella Sativa has an important role in tumor and cancer prevention. On its use in a long time Black Seed Oil strengthens the immune system. Moreover, it can accelerate cell division. ”
Excerpted of iloveindia website, Here’s a 10 for the health benefits of Nigella sativa.
1. Nigella sativa extract is useful as an anti-hypertensive and anti-parasitic.
2. Nigella sativa is useful as a cure of diseases associated with circulatory, respiratory system and immune system, intestinal disorders, kidney disorders and even liver.
3. Nigella Sativa seeds have been shown to cope with asthma, bronchitis, rheumatism and cold symptoms.
- Nigella sativa also providing health benefits such as increasing arousal of the body, stimulates menstruation, increasing milk production in nursing mothers and increasing milk flow.
5. Nigella sativa seed oil is able to calm the nervous system, help expedite the digestive process.
6. Nigella sativa stimulates the body’s energy and helps in recovery from fatigue and excitement, and restore the lost.
7. Nigella sativa is able to treat some skin diseases or disorders such as allergies, eczema, psoriasis, acne, and ulcers.
8. Nigella sativa oil encourages the production of marrow bones and cells for the immune system, increasing interferon production, protects normal cells of the interference of the virus, and capable of killing tumor cells.
9. Nigella sativa seeds is also beneficial as a cure flatulence, diarrhea, hemorrhoids, constipation and dysentery.
10. One teaspoon of nigella sativa seed oil, mixed with honey and consumed on a regular basis along with the breakfast, lunch and dinner, will make the body immune from the disease.
With the content of linoleic acid (Omega 6) and linolenic acid (Omega 3), nigella sativa is a nutrient for the brain cells that are useful to improve memory, intelligence, and the relativity of brain cells that do not go senile. Nigella sativa also improve the micro (blood circulation) to the brain and is particularly suitable given to children in the age of growth, and the elderly.
Elements contained in the nigella sativa Sapion have functions such as corticosteroids can affect carbohydrate, protein and fat as well as affect the functioning of the heart,kidney, muscle, and nerves. Sapion serves to defend against environmental changes, sleep disorders, relieve stress, and smooth milk (research Potchestroom, 1989)
So, do not hesitate anymore to enjoy the myriad benefits of nigella sativa.